Friday, March 25, 2005

Just hop a train, you hate to fly.

I'm in Stratford for the Easter weekend. I took the 10:40 am train this morning. It left Toronto on time, and arrived in Stratford 15 minutes late. Which is pretty damned early for a VIA train. It was a pretty good trip. They actually had me sitting in the first class seats at the front of the train since the train was sold out. Man, those seats were roomy and comfy!

I wasn't orginally going to take my laptop home with me this weekend but last night TB told me that Weezer was coming to Toronto! She didn't know when; she said "they're coming in the summer." I had a panic: what if the concert was during my Australia trip? However, turns out that the concert is on May 6th, which is far before my summer starts. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10 am, so I will be up and trying to get a couple. Weezer's playing at the Kool Haus. Blech. Why can't they play at the Ampitheatre again? I love outdoor concerts! Oh well, as long as they bring the big light up W, I'll be happy.

Tonight we're having a group of nine get together since RS is in the sunny south for a couple of days. We're meeting at Kelsey's then proceeding to DT's place to perhaps play some board games. I brought Kuuduk and Apples to Apples. I'm up for a game of Apples! I think it'll be fun if we have enough people. We are quite the argumentative bunch which'll make the game fun. I'm not sure how many of the nine will make it; three have already said they can't come and we haven't heard from one, so we'll see. 5/9 is not a bad ratio though.

No comments: