Monday, April 18, 2005

It was the ice cream truck!

On Wed. April 13th, I complained that I heard mysterious music coming from outside. It sounded like a retro Nintendo game.

Well, I just heard it again. It turns out that it is the ice cream truck which is parked on Balliol right now. Hmm.... I'd run out and get some if it wouldn't ruin my supper.

So I didn't blog all weekend. Here are the highlights:

1) Saw Da Kink in My Hair on Saturday. It was excellent and very moving. I think I cried at least thrice. The most emotional part was the little girl who was being abused by her stepfather. It is closing on April 26th, so if you haven't seen it, you should. And go quickly.

2) Shopped around Queen St. W. after Da Kink. Was a very good girl and did not buy anything.

3) That evening, went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant just up Yonge St. Had a very tasty mango margarita, tasty appetizers, bland enchiladas and yummy fried ice cream (betcha the ice cream truck doesn't have that!).

4) On Sunday, TB and I wandered around her neighbourhood. I ended up buying the green running shoes that I had been wanting as well as a pair of fun flip flops with a flower on them.

Anyhow, today was a good day, even though it was Monday. I downloaded the Bangles' song Manic Monday on itunes, so I now listen to it on the subway on Monday mornings. It slightly eases the pain.

Got a letter from Japan today. It was dated Jan 11th but it looks like it was postmarked on April 9th, so it looks like it hung about before it was sent. Nevertheless, it made my day. It also included a Japanese advertisement for the Harry Potter DVD!

No comments: