Today I wanted to go to a little get together that a friend of mine was having in Mississauga but I couldn't score a ride out there. Oh well, c'est la vie. I'd also used said get together as a reason not to go to another friend's housewarming party in Stratford, but really, the main reason I didn't go to the housewarming party in Stratford is that it is out in Stratford and I was there last week.
Soooo, instead I lounged around the house, my lounging interrupted by a couple of phonecalls. Then I wandered up to Yonge and Eglinton, where I looked around in Indigo and read a few chapters of Motley Crue's The Dirt. It's a pretty interesting, and often disturbing, read. I might just buy it, I dunno. It's pretty thick and it would take me forever to read it at the bookstore. I don't think I could actually shell out the money for that book though. I'd feel guilty owning it. I guess that's what so many years of Catholic school does to a person.
Hmmm, I should really get that book at the library, then I can finish it for free. I still haven't gotten around to renewing my Toronto library card since I moved back to the city. I think it's because I haven'te needed to go the library because I have a huge pile of books at home that I still need to read and I keep adding to the pile by adding more book. Today I added to that pile yet again. I picked up The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova which looked too interesting to pass up, plus it was 40% off. It has something to do with finding out the story behind Vlad the Impaler, the man behind the Dracula legend. I am going to start reading it tonight and I hope it's really good. I'm going through post-partum Harry Potter syndrome. It occurs after the latest Harry Potter book comes out and I read it twice and then I have to find another book to read when all I want is the next Harry Potter book. Sigh. Only two more years if I'm lucky.
Last night I took a picture of the night-time view out of my bedroom window. Not too shabby. When we moved into this apartment, my roommate and I flipped a coin for the bedrooms. This one has the view, the other has an ensuite bathroom. I lost and got the view. I can live with it.
1 comment:
That's gorgeous!
Post a Comment