Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm going to do a bad, bad thing.

Today my roommate called me from her work. She told me that she was offered free tickets to a concert at the Molson Ampitheatre and accepted right away; even before she knew what the concert was. Here is sort of how the conversation went.

"You sometimes watch American Idol, don't you?" she asks. The danger of having a roommate is that some of secrets you're really not proud of get out.

"Ummm, on occasion. When nothing else is on... Oh no, it's not the American Idol tour where it's all of the finalists??" I don't think I could handle that, even if is was free.

"No, no he didn't even become American Idol."

"Oh dear Lord, it's not Clay Aiken is it? "

So there you have it, I'm going to see Clay Aiken just because it's free. I actually think it will be hilarious and we'll get a good laugh out of it. A pal of hers and a pal of mine are coming along so I think we'll have a good time, and I really hope that there is some alcohol served. Oh gosh, I bet there are going to be a lot of teenage girls holding up signs. The only time I've ever been to a concert like that was when I saw Dashboard Confessional. I think the reason why I like Dashboard is that they totally bring out my inner teenage girl.

My pal TB is going to come along too. We actually watched the American Idol that Clay was in and were very angry when he didn't win. That was back when we were in university and it was okay to watch any tv show, no matter how lame, as a procrastination tool. TB suggested that we make "I Love Clay" T-shirts to wear.

(Aside - My roommate just came home with the tickets. They're worth $60 each! Ye gods! We also have VIP Lounge tickets. We're hoping they will be serving drinks, and lots of them, in said lounge area. We also discussed why she couldn't have been offered tickets to a good show, like the Foo Fighters show that just passed.)

Anyhow, the concert is on Thursday.

I recently got the sixth season of Them Simpsons on DVD. I've been watching it in bits and pieces. Such a good season. Today I watched the deleted scenes and there was one that killed me. There's a little kid eating a popsicle and Homer leans over and takes a huge bite of it. The kid says "Hey - that's my popsicle!" and Homer replies "I'm aware of that." Oh, they should have left that in.

2 comments:

m@ said...

Not to be a comment monkey, but you have the most interesting posts. Clay! I think you should make a sign to hold up for him, that'd be hot.
Oh Homer, I should get those dvds... if only there weren't so many tv dvd choices out there.

Christielli said...

lol Thanks!

Totally get the Simpsons DVDs. I think they're the best. They have really really good commentary on each and every episode and lots of other candy. I think they definitely put more work into them than the average set of TV DVDs.