Sunday, August 21, 2005

You took a wild orchid and turned it blue.

I'm totally into that White Stripes song right now. The first time I heard a clip of it, I thought it was awful. Goes to show you that first impressions aren't always right.

I finished the Dracula book I was reading (The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova) yesterday. I really, really, really liked the book when I first started it but it proved to be about 200 pages too long for me - I got a little bored with the story and just wanted to know what was up with Dracula and where exactly his tomb was. When the protagonists actually meet up with dear ol' Drac and discover his diabolical plan, I thought his plan was very lame. I'd give the book 3.25 stars out of five, since the first 2/3rds of it was amazing, but it lost a bit steam at the end. I'll have to lend it to my dad and see what he thinks.

As I was walking by a Toronto Sun newspaper box today, I saw a headline that I decided to investigate further. A boy fell out of the Zipper ride at the CNE yesterday and into the arms of employees. He was not hurt. It turned out that the door of his cage was not closed properly and it opened while the ride was in motion. I find that freaky, since when I was in grade 7, the Zipper was my favourite ride. The thought of being on that ride while the door opens sends shivers down my spine.

I need to go the CNE this year. I've never been. I say this every year and I've done nothing about it.

P.S. I really hate the Toronto Sun and don't even like mentioning one of their articles in my blog, but said article caught my attention and I ended up blogging about it, so what I am gonna do? Close my eyes while I walk by their newspaper boxes? Perhaps, but that might result in me walking into a hydro pole or something and injuring myself.

Oh God. I just realized that I was belting the song "Natural Disaster" (by Joel Plaskett) along with my iPod. If my neighbours were in the hall, they could totally hear me. How embarrassing that would be since I'm the worst singer in the world. If I tried out for Canadian Idol I would totally be a shoe-in get on tv - I'm that bad.

2 comments:

m@ said...

If you do end up going to the CNE, and on the Zipper, do be sure that your door is closed!
I never really find myself singing aloud to my iPod, though I recently downloaded the soundtrack to the musical Urinetown for a friend, and it found its way onto my iPod. That, and some of the podcasts I listen to cause me to laugh outloud in places like the bus.

Christielli said...

Hahaha. Today I was at the grocery store and the check-out girl was singing and she didn't even have an iPod as an excuse. It was a bit disconcerting, actually.