The Harbourfront was a pretty cool place to see a show. I love seeing music outdoors. I also haven't been down there since last summer, so I guess it was nice to walk beside Lake Ontario, despite the slightly odd odour. I should have taken some pictures of the Lake but I was thinking I'd do that after the show, but my stupid camera batteries died. I have Duracell rechargable ones, but they die soooooooo quickly. When I was in Australia, I used the Energizer Lithium batteries and they would last for a week and a half of picture taking. Far, far superior, even though they're not rechargable and quite expensive. Now I'm stuck with these crappy Duracell ones.
I was quite excited to see Chris Murphy from Sloan at the concert. He was sitting a couple of rows behind me. A few people (mainly university aged boys) were going up to him and shaking his hand. He was very polite about it. I kept myself quite composed and dignified; I just text messaged TB to tell her what she was missing.
Anyhow, here are a couple of pics I took. They're not very good, but whatever.

7 comments:
I have the same problem with my digital cam... if I use anything other than Energizer lithiums, I get absolutely crap battery life.
Damn expensive batteries.
It's gotta be an evil scheme between the Energizer people and the camera people! Grr...
rechargables are good for two charges maybe for gadgets that require lots of juice. then they proceed to lose their charge exponentially faster with each charge after. i usually relegate these batters to my other devices after the third charge (remotes, cd player, etc), as they still work quite well in these lower powered devices.
i love the harbourfront. whenever i visit TO i just think about the potential for buffalo's waterfront, then i get sad cause our county and city government is so backwards and slow here that nothing ever gets done.
Oh bloody hell. When I bought my camera the sales people were like "you need rechargable batteries blah blah" and I got these because they said they were especially for juice hungry things. Oi.
Wow! It's nice to hear someone compliment Toronto's waterfront! We're constantly complaining about how it could be so much better and City Council is constantly wringing their hands about its state. When I was in Sydney, my friend and I were like "Now, this is a Waterfront... Toronto needs to learn from here."
I have heard of other digital people having success with those extremely expensive rechargables you can buy. Panasonic puts some out, but so do Duracell and Energizer. Though, they require putting down a fairly hefty chunk of change upfront.
Yeah, the ones I bought were like $35 for the charger plus one pair of batteries (I think).
yeah, those were the rechargeable batteries i used too. the nimh (nickel metal hydride) ones are @ the sweet spot currently i think for best price/performance. they still drain too fast for the digicams i think. they are still better than the older nicad (nickel cadmium) batteries. i was browsing around online and i found some rechargable lithium-ion batteries in AA size. don't know how reliable they were since there were no manufacturer markings on em.
oy, you should be happy about your waterfront in TO... take a trip down here and you'll never complain about the harbourfront again. our lakefront is very inaccessible. in the north it's cut off by I-190, in the south by fuhrmann blvd., and where the downtown district is, the monstrosity we call the skyway rises into the clouds connecting the north and south throughfares. maybe i should put off visiting sydney until we do something with our waterfront in buffalo, otherwise i'll just be more disappointed at how slow everything seems to move over here (which could also mean i'll never be able to visit).
Post a Comment