Wednesday, August 31, 2005

So Brown Eyes I'll hold you near 'cause you're the only song I want to hear

So, I'm seriously loving the new Death Cab for Cutie CD, Plans, that I picked up yesterday for the low low price of $9.99. I'm addicted to the first three songs and I'm listening to them over and over. Souls Meets Body makes me want to have a couple drinks and dance (most likely it would be bad dancing).

Last night I helped my friends, the Ws, move. It was the most chaotic move I'd ever participated in, but I had fun anyway. It's pathetic; I moved back to Toronto so I'd see my pals from university more often but it seems like we only get together for birthdays or other occasions and when someone needs to move.

I survived the move despite the late hours (I didn't get home until past 2 am) and the rain. On our last trip to their old apt, WJ had left me in the car with the door open and the keys in so that the alarm was going off.

He came back and said "Are you annoyed yet?"

"No, I'm a teacher, I'm very good at blocking out annoying sounds."

"Well, I'm a father, I bet you I'm better. Let's have a contest." (The Ws have a 3-month old baby who is so cute and didn't cry at all during the move. What a help!)

So we sat in the car while the keys-in-the-ignition-door-open alarm went off for quite a long time laughing our heads off. I guess that's what late chaotic moves do to people. In the end, we had to call it a draw. Neither of us were prepared to lose that battle.

No comments: