Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Well, frankly, I'm just sitting here dreading the inevitability of having to deal with teenagers with far too much sugar in their bloodstreams tomorrow. Now that's scary.

I totally stole Aaron's Halloween "costume" suggestion of saying that I'm dressed up as my evil twin. In my first period class, one student asked me where my costume was and I said "I'm wearing it." And she was like "huh?" and I said "I'm my evil twin." That scared them because I was sitting at my desk trying not to laugh at them because they were saying "Oh my gosh, she's her evil twin. I bet she's going to be really mean today. Look, she's sitting there plotting. I'm scared. Oh no!"

Then I used the same joke on my notorious fourth period class who looked at me like I was insane and then I said "You're supposed to laugh at my jokes." Then they were like "Lame joke, Miss," and I gave them dirty looks. Then one girl said "Look, I think she's trying to be evil but she can't be evil. She the most un-evil teacher ever!"

So anyway, not only am I slightly mad at some of them for not believing that I can be evil, none of them noticed my new necklace! (I made it yesterday at the bead store.) Argh! Normally I always get compliments on my jewelry, and today I'm wearing a necklace I made myself, and nothing! Hmmph. Fs for the lot of them I say. Oh well, maybe they'll notice next time I wear it. I dyed my hair a darker shade last weekend and none of them mentioned it until Tuesday. When one kid said "nice hair Miss", I replied "Thanks. No one noticed it yesterday." Then the rest of them were like "No, we noticed! We did! We just forgot to say something."



Here's a picture of my necklace so you can all compliment me on it. ;)

So tonight TB is coming over and we are going to drink wine, eat candy and popcorn, and watch The Nightmare Before Christmas and a Halloween Simpsons episode. I vote for the one with "The Shinning" and were Homer goes back in time ("I wish I wish I hadn't sat on that fish").

4 comments:

CaroMado said...

lovin' the new necklace! And the evil twin thing...thats priceless. You should have gave them extra homework but dropped a line somewhere saying it didn't have to be done. Play with their heads a little!! haha

Happy Halloween!

Raina* said...

lol, yeah April and I were MSNing about you last night. I was like 'doesn't it kill you that she knows what we look like and we haven't a clue about her?'

she told me to check your blog and I was like "wha??? is there a pic?"

nope, just a cute little necklace...

m@ said...

haha it's a perpetual myster. But now we've seen hands and a neck. *I* would have noticed it, it's a shame your kids are so dissapointing. Fs indeed.
Hope you enjoyed your wine and candy Halloween!

Scott said...

Thanks for the tips about getting my blog read... I am in the same boat as you about my picture... kind of looking to be this totally anonymous guy, besides I am actually pretty famous so people would recognize me right away and it would a whole thing... LOL