Thursday, October 27, 2005

Wish I had just one pair of clean socks and a photo of you.

The title of my post is from a Weakerthans' song that I could relate to earlier today. I had to go buy some socks because all of mine are dirty (save a pair of super thermal ones and a couple of pairs of ankle-summer socks) and I don't feel like doing laundry tonight.

On my way home from the sock-buying I missed my subway stop for the first time ever. I was only going one stop (lazy, I know, but that's what a Metropass is for) and I was thinking and I didn't realize my stop had gone by until the doors shut. So, I got off at the next stop and had to switch platforms so I could catch the train back to my stop. The most pathetic thing was that I missed my stop when I was awake. I've never even missed on before when I was sleeping on the train; I always somehow magically wake up at the right time.

Hope ya'll have a fan-tas-tic Friday! TGI-freakin'-F!

5 comments:

-jason- said...

i've done that before. even watching the doors open and close on the L line with the announcement of "graham ave" being made.

not only is it friday tomorrow, but it's an extra hour of sleep weekend too!

Raina* said...

OMG, I think I love -jason-. Until three seconds ago, I was sure I was losing an hour of sleep. For real, we're gaining?!? Fewf!

Can I tell you something really sick?? I LOVE doing laundry. Even when I was living in apartments and had to scrounge up loonies and quarters... Now that my washer and dryer are in my apartment and all my utilities are included, I do a wash with one effing sock if I want to.

m@ said...

RM, Rick Mercer would be mad at you for doing a wash load with one sock. He'd accuse you of not reducing your tonne of emissions. He might even rail against you in a gritty black and white episode, with crazy camera angles and lots of walking.

Unknown said...

I too hate laundry, washing, folding, putting away, YECH.

Scott said...

I love buying new socks... they feel so good (I have tender feet, haha).