Anyhow, even though I did have a good day, I decided to do some shopping. My first stop was the dollar store, where I only really needed to buy scotch tape but I ended up getting some fun retro 70s stickers and insect stickers for work purposes. I always say I got into teaching because it's one of the few jobs where you can use stickers. My supply of cool science stickers is running low, so I figured these dollar store ones would tide me over until I can get my friend to take me to the Sandylion sticker warehouse in Markham where I will stock up. Even though my students think they're cool, I know they appreciate a nice sticker. Once I didn't put stickers on a quiz and one 17 year old boy in my period 4 class was like "Miss, where are the stickers?" It made me laugh.
Anyway, I also got a light up Snow White pen and a Finding Nemo notebook. They were oh so necessary for my quality of life.

Then I wandered over to Payless Shoes. I scored these cute shoes for $21 and the purse for $11.

Okay, since I'm posting pictures of things, here's a picture of a pin-on flower that I found on the ground in February. I was in Yorkville, the neighbourhood in Toronto with the most expensive stores, so I figure it's probably worth far more than I'd ever spend on an accessory. I get a lot of compliments on it. I wore it today.
Finally, here are a picture of some flowers that are in our dining room. On Monday night, I commented to my roommate "Wow! Such pretty flowers! Did you get them today?" and she replied, "No, I got them on Friday." How I went 4 days without noticing them, I don't understand!
On deck for this evening: some homework, some reading and some Martha Stewart: The Apprentice.
p.s. Stupid blogger. It took me for-freaking-ever to post my pictures because blogger was being uncooperative. Grrrrrrrrr...
3 comments:
Wow, those flowers are very pretty....
and oh so NOTICEABLE!!! LOL
You could always use the excuse that it's because you don't use the dining room.
educational video about the food chain? have you ever watched the simpsons episode with troy mcclure on an educational filmstrip or video of sorts , where a shark jumps out of a river and takes out a gorilla in a tree? that's been one of the funniest simpsons moments ever made. it would've been great if you showed that clip to your class.
pixar has gotten some really great actors to be the voices of their characters. they fit them so well. i think john goodman and billy crystal in monsters inc were the best team so far, but nemo is a really great movie too.
Blogger is driving me crazy lately as well. Love the Payless deals, I will have to make my way down there ... I also love the Dollar Store deals. I would love to be a teacher, even though it is a very demanding job. Why oh why didn't I follow in my mom's footsteps. :D
Post a Comment