Thursday, October 06, 2005

Randomness and Happy Thanksgiving

On Tuesday night, I walked over to TBs so that we could go out for coffee in her neighbourhood. I brought my camera with me especially so I could take a picture of the sign outside of the huge cemetary that I have to walk by to get there. This sign makes me laugh. I think it's a death pun on the level of the funeral home on the Simpsons that proclaims "We put the fun back into funerals."


Yesterday, I noticed that I had a scratchy throat that has now developed into a full-blown annoying cold. I felt like crap today but dragged myself into work anyway. I wanted to start some projects in a couple of classes today, and there was other stuff going on in the school that I didn't want to miss. One annoying thing about teaching is that it's actually more work to not come into work so I always end up never using my sick days unless I'm on death's doorstep. Anyhow, I think I'm feeling a bit better now and I'll be OK tomorrow as long as I remember to stay hydrated at school and take the cold medication that I bought.

After school tomorrow, I'm going to catch the train to visit my parents in Stratford for Thanksgiving weekend. I'm not dragging my laptop home, so I won't be blogging until Monday. On Saturday night, a few of my friends and I are going to see Fallen Angels at the Stratford Festival. Should be a fun weekend and I'm really really looking forward to the break.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Raina* said...

I think that sign is more sick than wrong... lol and I totally dig it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!