Sunday, October 30, 2005

Spring forward, fall back down...

I tell you, this must be my favourite day of the year! I got to sleep in this morning, yet still feel like I woke up pretty early. Sweet. This morning I went to Tim Horton's to get some blueberry bagels and a coffee. Anyway, when I got to my apartment door, there was decoration on the door that wasn't there when I left. It really threw me off. Then I noticed that I was standning in front of the door of the apartment two floors below me. I'm glad they had something on their door. If they hadn't, I would have been trying to put my key in their lock and they probably would have thought someone was trying to break in. And, if they'd come and opened the door, I would have screamed thinking that there were strange people in my apartment. Oh, I would have looked cool.

Yesterday I went to the Body Worlds exhibit at the Science Centre. Now, there wasn't a giant inflatable colon there (Could I have missed it?? How does one miss a giant inflatable colon?? ) but it was pretty cool none the less. My only complaint was that I should have gone on a weeknight instead of a weekend because it was very busy. Anyway, here's a picture of the skateboarder exhibit so you can get an idea of what the thing was like. No, the body was not a skateboarder in real life, but he gets to be one now.



Last night I decided I'd rent a bad horror movie (House of Wax - The only positive thing I can say is that Paris Hilton was killed), finally do my laundry and start knitting a scarf (Christmas present for a friend).

Since Halloween is tomorrow, I wanted to post a fun Halloween picture on my blog. In my last year of university, we took my friend A's aunt's cat into our apartment for the year. I still don't understand why. She was defnitely fun to have around - she was the grumpiest, most eccentric cat ever. Her real name was Patches, but we called her Cat a la Breakfast At Tiffany's since we figured Patches was a pretty wimpy name. Anyway, at Halloween TB and I carved a Jack-O-Latern of her at her grumpiest. Then we took a picture of her looking grumpy beside her grumpy pumpkin doppelganger.


Well, I should be going. I gotta meet TB and we're going to the bead store to make necklaces. Later non-corpse Skaters!

3 comments:

m@ said...

ah the extra hour of sleep, I look forward to it all year.
That's a great picture of the cat-o-lantern, I like the whiskers.
I've read so much about that body plasticising guy, but I'm sure his exhibits will never come to Winnipeg. At least I get to live vicariously through people who do get to go!
Happy Halloween!

Scott said...

Hola! Glad that you liked the Bodyworks exhibit... was there myself a couple of weeks ago. Pretty wild stuff....

Halloween so much fun! Nice pumpkin!

Unknown said...

The exhibit sounds great, but I'm not sure if I can handle all of the muscles and what not, I'm quite squimish. Love that cute pic.

Happy Halloween!