I owe TB a coffee.
A couple years ago, we got a ride to the subway from in my friend's boyfriend's friend's BMW. We found that exciting so we made a pact that whenever either of us rode in a BMW in the future, we'd owe the other a coffee.
Last year, she got a ride in a crappy BMW and paid up.
Last night, I got a ride home from school (after the staff book club meeting) from a colleague who has a BMW and lives near me. Anyhow, this colleague is my emergency ride to school in case of TTC strike or other calamities. Glad that there was no TTC strike last year or I would have been buying a lot of coffees for TB.
I finished off the Kite Runner and immensely enjoyed the staff book club meeting. TB, my roommate and my pal A have started a book club of our own. We're reading "The Lovely Bones" as our first selection.
Can you believe I'm *not* seeing the new Harry Potter movie on opening night? Gasp. I know. Tomorrow night I'm taking the train to Stratford to visit the 'rents and hang out with my high school gal pals. I really love the train ride to Stratford. I'm totally looking forward to sitting on the train, listening to my iPod and doing some knitting.
Tonight's project for me is to make some chocolate macaroons for the staff potluck lunch tomorrow. My roommate is in shock - I usually keep my distance from the culinary arts. But every now and then I feel that I must prove myself and not be the person who volunteers to bring the bread to a potluck.
So off to the kitchen I go! Have a nice weekend!
4 comments:
When we have potlucks at work I always volunteer to bring drinks :P Pick up some 2L pops and I'm set.
That's not because I don't like to cook, I love to cook. It's just because I'm lazy.
Have a great time this weekend... I am looking forward to doing some relaxing myself. The "fan" comment on my blog was inspired by you...
Scott
I'll have to look into Lovely Bones after I finish the other 50+ books I have checked out... the pitfalls of library work. Hope the 'roons turn out splendid.. I am sure they will : )
I have The Lovely Bones waiting to be read, I can't wait, it's supposed to be so good! How was The Kite Runner?
My friends and I are just starting a Book Club (it's more of a girls' night). They just finished Wicked but I am starting in December and we are reading A Million Little Pieces.
Post a Comment