Monday, November 28, 2005

Don't it feel like sunshine after all?

I always feel so much better when Monday is over. The kids were all loud today. I commented on this to my first period class and one student replied "Of course we are loud, Miss. We had an extra day to rest." I hope they tired themselves out today.

Anyway, I had a great time visiting my friend F in Whitby. I think we shopped for 7 hours straight. I'm still kind of tired.

Check out the fun watch I got at the Pacific mall in Markham. (It's a fun Chinese mall - I also got lots of Pingu stuff there.)



One of our stops was the Sandylion Sticker Warehouse in Markham. I stocked up on 3 rolls of my favourite science stickers:

I can't remember what mall we were at when I bought myself a new pair of boots but here's a picture. I wore them today and they're super comfy.

We had dinner at Swiss Chalet (yay Festive Special!) and then when back to F's house to exchange Christmas presents (yah, I know early, but it's hard to co-ordinate times to meet up.) Look it all the loot she got me! I swear, I get more from this girl than I do from my parents!

F went to Australia with me and the gift is sort-of-kinda Australian themed. The "Pleasant as a Platypus" bag is self-explanatory. Cheater is a card game. We played a card game or two while we were in Australia. She got me the Bill Bryson book because I made both my travelling partners read his book "In a Sunburned Country" before we went. I love that book. Anyway, I haven't read "A Walk in the Woods" before. Oh, the last gift is a "Nightmare Before Christmas" cell phone holder in the shape of a coffin. It will match my wallet! Hee-hee. Anyway, it's Australia related because I got the phone after I got back from Australia. So that's the fun theme gift I got.

(I also got her an Australia related gift of a Zoppini Australian flag charm and some Australian scrapbook stickers.)

Tonight I have dishes to do, stuff to mark and lessons to plan. Fun. I might meet up with TB for coffee and to mooch some Christmas CDs from her to put on my beloved iPod.

Lata!

ps Oh my. I can't believe that I had no problems posting my pics. What's wrong with Blogger right now?

6 comments:

Raina* said...

Wow, your week-end was a success!!!

Uugh, first the cool wallet.....now the watch. Dude, it's killing me that Jimmy's freeking Judo black belt grading doesn't seem to be happening this Nov/Dec. I wanted to go shopping with you.

And your boots may be comfy, but they sure are cute too.

-jason- said...

so are you a fan of the pac-mall? my parent's always make a stop up there when the head on up to TO. it's been awhile since i've been there... though it seems lately the times i've gone up have mainly been to the c-town by dundas-spadina. my parents like the pac-mall, cause it's easier to park there, but i prefer the old school c-town. what do you think?

like you... i'm very glad monday's over.

m@ said...

That's funny, at first I thought that was a Paul Frank watch, but from where it was purchased from it sounds like one of those knock-offs :P
I too am creating a Christmas playlist for my iPod, but it consists mainly of olde-time big band jazz tunes.

Scott said...

Nice boots dude... glad that your weekend was solid. I am the same way about the tattoo, took me a real long time to pick the design!

Scott

Lea said...

I love that Sandy Lion store! I usually try to annually make a summer pilgrimage there.

I'm teaching a unit about Australia to my grade 2's right now. It's my favourite unit, I love it, it's so fun. The kids love it too and retain a lot of the information that they hear or read.

Anonymous said...

Hey what Pingu stuff did you see at the mall? Any tees? I've been meaning to get to the Pacific Mall but I'm running out of time before xmas. Hope you liked the Stars ...I missed all the shows...geez.