Monday, November 14, 2005

Thank God Monday is over! (at least the hard part, anyway...)

Oi! Getting back into the swing of things after lazing about and sleeping for 3 days is definitely a hard transition. But, I survived. Actually, all of my classes, including the dreaded period 4, were really good today. There were some kids in other people's classes giving me headaches, but at least mine are well-behaved.

Nothing too eventful to report. On Saturday, I ventured out to do some Christmas/roommate's birthday shopping and ended up buying myself a new winter coat (Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!). The Christmas/roommate's birthday part of the expedition was far less successful.

I have a pretty busy week ahead of me. Tomorrow night I may go see Pride and Prejudice with TB, roommate and another couple of pals. I haven't totally committed yet. I'll betray my gender by admitting that I'm not the biggest Austen fan and I may not got because there is a very good chance that I may fall asleep. However, the social aspect of the outing may be fun.

On Wednesday, the staff book club is meeting. I must finish re-reading The Kite Runner tonight. I was a bad girl this weekend and read non-book club books...

Thursday night we have a staff meeting. Which means I get home 1.5 hrs late with a splitting headache.

Then on Friday, we have a staff potluck dinner. I'm considering borrowing TB's recipe for maccaroons, but I suspect by Thursday evening I'll be more in the mood to just go buy some freakin' maccaroons.

Then Friday evening, I'm hopping the train to Stratford to visit with the 'rents and some friends.

Yeesh, I get tired just thinking about all the stuff I gotta do!!

Have a great night!

Edit: I totally forgot to mention the tragic occurrance of my weekend. TB and I tried to get Stars tickets and all four show are sold out. Oh the humanity!!! I am having a really bad time lately getting tickets. Oh well, I'll just mentally convince myself that there are NO Stars shows in December whatsoever.

Mmmm... I just saw a commercial for President's Choice Pumpkin Cheesecake. That sounds too good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mondays are the worst.

Sounds like you've got a busy week ahead of you. Hope it's not too stressful.

Scott said...

Hey there... what a fun week you have ahead... thanks for the get better wishes. I am feeling much better. Love the sick days!!!

Scott

"Whatever"