Sunday, December 18, 2005

In the year of my decline, sucking freezies in the rain...

Stars show = amazing! What an awesome live band! Spectacular. I love the whole "gang band" trend that's going on - there were eight people on stage including a violinist and a saxophone player. And, they played all of my favourite songs from "Set Yourself on Fire". It's such a great album. Oh at at the end of the show, they played "Fairytale of New York" which is such a fun Christmas song (It's originally by the Pogues).

I tell ya, Canadian bands are the best. If I was only allowed to listen to Canadian music, I really would complain that much... Although I'd miss my beloved Bens (Folds & Lee).

I wish I had some pictures. I actually brought my camera, but I could get any decent shots because of the lights and then my camera battery died. So instead, I found a Stars video ("Ageless Beauty") for y'all. It's not my favourite Stars song although I still love it. I really wish they had the video for "Reunion". They were filming for the band's latest video during the show, so who knows, maybe I'll be in it.

Gotta go do dishes, wrap gifts, and watch Desperate Housewives. Pile of marking is going to be neglected. Christielli out.

6 comments:

Lea said...

Cool! I like their sound.

Speaking of gang bands and Canadian bands, do you like Arcade Fire??

m@ said...

The Arcade Fire is absolutely OUTSTANDING live. If they're ever in or near any of your towns, do yourself a favour and take in the show.

-jason- said...

if i was fed a purely canadian band diet, i don't think i would complain either =].

2 more days til freedom right?!

m@ said...

It seems like the Stars got your letter, I just found out they're playing here in February :D
I owe you!

Anonymous said...

Christielli,

I love the pleasant sound when I visited your site. Nice Video as well. As four Canadian content in my music rolodex (that is my iPod), I have Blue Rodeo on heavy rotation.

Thanks for the tip about Australia and beets. I seriously can devour a field of them. Figuratively speaking of course.

Unknown said...

So happy you had a great time!!!