Sunday, March 05, 2006

Go on and save your scissors...

Oscar night is here.

Snack food (chicken fingers, carrots, grapes, cheese 'n crackers, ju-jubes) - check
Wine - check
Ballots printed out - check
Becca T invited over to watch show with me - check
Aparment cleaned - not yet
Blogging to procrastinate cleaning apartment - check

Ahhh... I swear, Oscar night is one of my fave nights of the freakin' year. Plus this year Jon Stewart is hosting, which makes the night even more special for me. I love Jon Stewart. There is no way he will bomb in my eyes, no matter what eveyone else says.

On Friday night Becca T and I went to see Capote. I was a little nervous that Becca T wasn't going to like it, and then I'd feel guilty for having dragged her there. I believe she liked it even more than I did... Our consensus was that it's a good film and that Philip Seymour Hoffman deserves the Oscar that he'll probably get tonight.

Hmmm, I'm going to post my picks for some of the bigger awards so that tomorrow you can all be amazed by the seeming telepathy that I share with the Academy - or you can laugh at me.

So, after looking into my crystal ball, I predict that:

Best Pic - Brokeback Mountain
Best Actress - Reese Witherspoon
Best Actor - Philip Seymour Hoffman
Best Supporting Actress - Michelle Williams
Best Supporting Actor - George Clooney (who could deny Clooney? - he's dreamy)
Best Director - Ang Lee
and... Best Animated Picture has better be Corpse Bride or else I'll weep. I love that movie.

Okay, well, I'd better go spiff up this mess of an apartment. Again, whenever I have to clean, I spend most the time lamenting that I do not live in Harry Potter's world and cannot enchant my dishes to clean themselves. Oh, the unfairness of it all.

6 comments:

wes said...

Nice title, via City & Colour. :)

I agree with most of your picks for the oscars. Although I am pulling for Crash to win for best picture, that was such a great movie, and so rarely does a movie I actually like get nominated for best picture.

I think blogging as become the procrastinating technique for a lot of people. You can always tell when a University student has a test or paper coming up because they are updating 3 times a day. :)

Raina* said...

You're enjoying the Oscars while I'm reading your blog. Not an Oscar girl.

However holy crap, if you had invited me to watch it at your place with chicken fingers and jujubes, I would definitely have joined in. That is the cutest spread I've ever heard of.

Scott said...

Well.... you did okay... but no sweep eh? Some tough competition out there.

Scott

s said...

To bad you didn't get them all....I am sure best animated picture was the hardest to hear.

Aaron said...

4 for 6, impressive. I'm glad Clooney and Witherspoon won. Didn't really expect Brokeback to get director AND best pic....

and Jon Stewart was hilarious all night along with the Daily Show voiceover ad commercials. And now I have to go find some chicken...

m@ said...

Pretty good predictions! Sounds like a fun little party over there :)