Thursday, March 23, 2006

Happy birthday dear blog, happy birthday to you!


It's my blog's first birthday today! I honestly can't believe that I kept it up this long. I almost let it go after about a month but then my friend Mathew made fun of my lack of updating.... then I kind of got back into the habit and started to get comments and go more addicted to posting and reading other blogs.

So yeah, it's my blog's first birthday and I'm grasping at straws trying to think of something to blog about. Yeesh. You'd think it'd get easier after a year of it.

Oh, here's something interesting... One of my colleagues passed me some info on teaching ESL at a camp in South Korea for 2 weeks in the summer. All expenses are paid, plus you get a small salary for the two weeks. It looks rather tempting but it overlaps with the course that I was planning on taking (which I'm required to take in my first two years of my permanent contract with my board). Now, I could procrastinate and take the course next year, but I'd rather get it done in three weeks in the summer as opposed to having to take it one night a week from September to March (that seems so long). Plus, I was looking forward to planning my trip to Wales with my pal FF after our courses are finished. I think my course of action will be to stay the original course, and keep the info and see if the thing is running next summer.

Right now I'm totally into the song "Hold On, Hold On" by Neko Case.

Boy, my brain is really mushy tonight. That's all I can come up with. Just had to make sure I made a birthday post.

ps The picture I posted makes me want to watch that episode of the Simpsons (the one with Mr Burns' teddy bear). Luckily I own it on DVD.

9 comments:

-jason- said...

happy birthday, 'p.t.c.u.c.'-blog.

congrats on the anniversary christielli!

Scott said...

Congrats on keeping it up for one year. that is impressive for sure. I wonder if I will be able to keep it up.

Scott

m@ said...

"rosebud...."

awesome, congrats!! That Korean opportunity sounds pretty cool.. i often think I'd love to jump at a chance like that... but it's easier said than done.

X said...

Congrats to you and your blog!!! It's funny how a bunch of the blogs I read started aroud this time last year. Good times.

I would love to teach English in Korea. It sounds like a blast....I've always wanted to do something like that. Maybe one day! I say go for it!

Hehehehe.....BoBo the Teddy. Classic :)

EveyQ said...

Happy B-day to you and your blog, your bloginess : ) It is most definitely one of my favs to read.

Lea said...

love the pic of homer and the ramones!

sounds like you've got some interesting choices to make for your summer! good stuff. is it an AQ course you were going to take? i took mine online thru Western, it was a good experience for me. i finished my Primary Specialist Part 3 last year.

s said...

Happy Bday Blog!! The trip to Korea is something I would do in a minute, without thinking about how it would affect me. Next Summer can be you spontanious summer!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Blog!

and congratulations Christielli on keeping it updated regularly.

wes said...

Happy belated Birthday Blog!