So I've decided to put off the computer purchase until after my trip to the old country. Much more logical, I think. Plus, sneaking into my roommate's room and using hers while she's at work is working quite well for me at the moment. (In my defence, she did say I could use it any time... To which I replied "What if I feel the need to blog at 3 am? Is that okay?") Anyway, I can feel slightly less stressed for awhile.
I'm feeling kind of sleepy from my lunch of chicken fajitas and mango margaritas.
Bought a new umbrella for my trip. Bring on your worst rain I say.
As I was walking down Bloor Street this aft, I saw a movie being filmed. They had all kinds of yellow cabs parked out front a store that were labelled "NYC Cabs". I wished I had my camera to take a picture, but of course I didn't. Then I remembered that I temporarily don't even have a computer to put my pics on anyway, so whatever.
I hadn't seen a movie being filmed in quite awhile. When I was in university, there were constantly movies being filmed on campus. Sometimes I'd be walking across campus and there'd be all kinds of horses and buggies and people dressed in clothes from the 1800s, and I felt like I'd travelled back through time (except for all of the cameras and whatnots). My favourite scene was when Becca T and I made a trip to a library whose sign was altered to say "Philadelphia Police Headquarters". We both started to fake-panic and wonder how the hell we ended up in Philly on our way to check email.
When my pal Becca T finished school and was in between jobs, she worked as an extra a couple of times. She had a stint as an extra at a lesbian party on Queer As Folk so I love to tease her about how she's not a lesbian in real life, but she's played one on TV.
Of course, all of this thinking about movies being filmed is reminding me of the episode of the Simpsons where the Radioactive Man movie is being filmed in Springfield. (The googles! They do nothing! <-- That line always goes through my head when I have to tell my students to wear goggles during chemistry experiments.) Perhaps I'll go watch that now. I love TV on DVD.
5 comments:
hahaha i love that line from the Simpsons!
oh Reinier!
omg, that's one of my favorite lines from the Simpsons. Its right up there with "You suck McBain!" Those always make me laugh. The goggles do nothing, brilliant. Speaking of movies, I can't wait for the Simpsons movie. :)
Good luck with your James Bond/covert operations when using the computer, sounds like fun. Next time you use it, you should totally do a summersault into the room, and make sure the coast is clear before you use it. Too funny. :)
"jiminy jillickers!"
"there's no need for profanity, fallout boy!"
I saw those cabs too. Pretty cool.
I was an extra for a couple of days on Cinderella Man. Way back in Maple Leaf Gardens. Definately not on film.
Scott
i'm still going to plug. get a mac ;)
Post a Comment