Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I'd take the seasick crocodile.

I'm having one of those days where for some reason, I was in a great mood and then blam!, I crashed into a funky weird melancholy mood. I know exactly where I was when I crashed. I had for some reason gotten off at the wrong subway stop (I wasn't paying attention or something). So, oops, whatever, I'd walk to the next stop. Didn't bother me one bit. Since I had to walk a couple of blocks through prime shopping territory, I decided to do some browsing. I wasn't in a shopping mood but I decided to look around the Bay at Christmas decorations. As I was looking at some weird funky decoration my mood totally turned.

Anyhow, I've been trying to do everything to zap this mood. I've watched a couple of episodes of the Office. (Boo to no new episode tomorrow) (Btw, If you wanna watch full episodes of the Office, go here.) I even went for a walk and bought myself a book to read since I finished my book club book last night. I haven't even gotten around to opening it because I've been wasting my time sampling stupid ass songs on iTunes. I hate when I waste time doing something dumb like that because my brain is in some sort of weird state.

I'm also annoyed because when I was talking to my dad tonight he made some comment about me being just an average student. Okay, here I am, YEARS out of school (obviously) and that royally pissed me off. Gah. I HATE when something silly gets under my skin. It's so weird - one of the only things I've ever been confident about in my life is my scholastic ability and if anyone dares to question my ability, I get really mad, which perhaps might mean I'm not even confident in that. Grr. Oh, and one thing I can't stand is if anyone treats me like I'm dumb or talks down to me. Talking down to me is one way to quickly get on my bad side.

Okay, on the bright side, I did show one of my classes An Inconvenient Truth and it got them all riled up in a good way. They wanted to go out and plant trees and write letters to their MPs and the like.

Sorry for the incoherent rant. I think I feel a bit better. Maybe sleep is necessary. I have a bad habit of being tired and needing sleep and fighting it off for some odd reason. Weird.

Oh, on the bright side part 2 - we have another PD day on Friday. That means a day off planning for me. I can stay up late tomorow night and watch the Daily Show. Woo! Maybe life isn't quite the irritant that it seems to be at the moment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did your class like the movie? i need to come over sometime and watch the rest of it :)

average student! stats mouse would have something to say about that...

The Grunt said...

I've not seen that movie yet, but I will. I was a little melancholy too, Christielli. We'll get over it:)

Anonymous said...

hmmm wasting time... i have a bunch of finals next week, and i spent yesterday and today downloading talladega nights and elf torrents and watching them.

my theory is that we're almost @ break and our minds are starting to shut off... well at least mine is =].

AlieMalie said...

there's been a weird vibe going around with pretty much everyone i know, hopefully a good night's sleep - and the Daily Show this evening - will cure you of it.

hope you have a great weekend.

:)

JO said...

I almost choked on my water when I read that your dad said you were an average student. What the hell was I if you were average? Tell him I'm really mad at him for insulting me like that;)
I still have to watch the Inconvient Truth yet. I watched "Who Killed the Electric Car" recently and it made me really angry... damn Bush, I choose to blame him for the hole thing!!

X said...

Loving the days off. Hope you have a less off day today!

s said...

i hope the day off is something positive in your week. I hate when i get in those moods as well. Sometimes the more I try to get out of it the worse it gets. I get pissed that I have to think of things to make me happier. I usually try an evening alone....I find those moods are sometimes brought on by overstimulation (the crammed mall of pushers and shovers). Try a walk or a bath and crank the tunes. Tims hot apple cider is also a cheer up!

Lea said...

i keep meaning to tell you that i bought The Office 2007 calendar at HMV! go and buy one for yourself, it'll cheer you up!