It's not the new year yet, but I figured that a line from "The New Year" by Death Cab for Cutie, which just happens to be one of my favourite New Year's songs (suck on that Auld Lang Syne), would be fitting for my 2006 year end post.
So, here are the things that rocked in the world of Christielli in 2006.
Rocking Trips
Cuba --> Why the eff did I not take a tropical vacay for my 2006/2007 holiday? Oh yeah, someone spent too much money on the following...
Trip to the "Old Country" --> I find it cool that a few ppl that I know are planning trips to England in 2007. Makes me wistful for my England/Wales/Ireland trip this summer. I will go back, maybe not in 2007, but definitely at some point.
Rocking Albums
Neko Case: Fox Confessor Brings the Flood - officially my fave CD of 2006
Also in the top:
Damien Rice: 9
Sloan: Never Hear the End of It
Memphis: A Little Place in The Wildnerness
Hawksley Workman: Treeful of Starling
Amy Milan: Honey from the Tombs
Dashboard Confessional: Dusk and Summer
Rocking Concerts
I did not go to nearly enough concerts in '06 (what I say every year - but it was particularly true of '06 when I think I only went to like 10). I plan to remedy this in '07. But, of the far too few I went to, the most noteworthy were:
Hawksley Workman at Massey Hall - OMG such a good show. It was supposed to be in March, but got postponed 'til Becca T's birthday (June 10th) and was well worth the wait.
Sarah Harmer at Harbourfront - Love her.
Dashboard Confessional/City & Colour at the Molson Amp - I was like the oldest person there, but man, Dashboard's good.
Christine Fellows at the Rivoli - Becca T was disappointed because she felt the overhead projector art took away from the performance, but I still had a great time.
Rocking Songs
According to my iPod, I listened a lot to:
My Braids - Colin Munroe
In the Cinema Alone - Memphis
Incredibly Drunk on Whiskey - Memphis
The Lights and Buzz - Jack's Mannequin
Headspin - Lukas Rossi
Rootless Tree - Damien Rice
I Dreamed We Fell Apart - Memphis
All That I Want - The Weepies
So Long, So Long - Dashboard Confessional
Light Years - Sloan
Rocking TV
Rockstar Supernova - Anyone who read my blog, or talked to me this summer/early fall, was well aware of my obsession with the show. And yay to my boy winning!
The Office - Again, I think we're all well aware that Office time on Thursday nights is the high point of my week, and the $40 I spent on the season two DVDs was some of the best spent money of my life. I LOVE JIM!!!
Ugly Betty - I watch this too. It's the TV equivalent of a good chick lit book.
Daily Show/Colbert Report - Still love these two.
Rocking Books
The Girls by Lori Lansens was published in 2005, but I read it this year, and loved it a lot.
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky - Such an amazing story behind the book, and the book is wonderful.
Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventrue and Tony Hawk's Around Ireland With A Fridge - older books that I discovered this year that made me laugh very very very hard.
The Birth House by Ami McKay - Like The Girls, another great book by a Canadian woman.
Rocking Movies
Marie Antoinette - I'm in the love it camp for this movie.
An Inconvienient Truth, Who Killed The Electric Car? and Shut Up and Sing - great documentaries
I loved Will Ferrell in Ricky Bobby and Stranger Than Fiction
Little Miss Sunshine - saw it twice in theatres, loved it twice
Rocking People
The last four months of 2006 have been very difficult ones with both of my parents having health problems. I am such a blessed person to have the most supportive friends, blog buddies, and colleauges. There are so many people in my life that I appreciate deeply. Thanks guys.
Rocking Job
I still really do love my job. Yay for that.
Rocking Miscellaneous
Starbucks put out some quality beverages this year that I spent too much money on.
I got addicted to Lush bath products this year.
Okay, so that's it for my list of 2006 enjoyabilities. I was going to wish you all a rocking new year, but then I realized that's very Dick Clark, which is not cool, so I'll just say have a fantabulous new year.
6 comments:
Excellent recap post. I can never do things like that because I have difficulty thinking back over the year. I can't even blame that on the drugs :(
Allow me to address a few points:
- Memphis is amazing. See them live.
- So Long, So Long, is also one of my most listened-to Dashboard songs.
- Little Miss Sunshine kicks ass
- Lush is easy to get addicted to.
Happy 2007!
Christielli, you rock the effin house!
i liked your effing resolution below. great list here as well.
:)
AM
Someone else who read the Googlewhack book, cool. Kind of a fun read.
scott
I really enjoyed your countdown of 2006... wish i would have thought of it... then again I never blog... boo to me!
a couple of years ago i went on a roadtrip to montreal and we went to the just for laughs festival. we saw dave gorman perform material from his googlwhack adventure. he was really good - hilarious to watch and listen to.
Post a Comment