Sunday, December 17, 2006

Where have all the good people gone?

'Tis the season of disappearing blogs! I had a favourite disappear a few weeks ago, and now I check today and one more is gone and another is not going, but going through cutbacks.

I'm going to miss the deleted blogs. I'm totally surprised by the connections that I've made through blogging. I started blogging as an avenue for me to write my thoughts, never thinking that I'd ever have anyone read them (and I didn't for the first few months). Then, by browsing others' blogs, I ended up having people whose blogs I read and commented upon faithfully, and who did the same for mine. I have valued each and every one of those people and their comments, and I love reading about your thoughts/feelings/frustrations/fun times/more. So, know that you are all appreciated.

I don't think that I could ever hit the delete button on this thing. I think my posting wanes from time to time, but I have a record here of 1.75 years of my life, and even though most of the time I feel that it's not the deepest nor most innovative material, I must admit I like reading my archives and laughing at myself in the past...

7 comments:

wes said...

I like reading yours too. I'll keep going as long as you do. :)

Anonymous said...

WE lurk. We're still here.

The delete button was the bravest and dumbest thing I've ever done.

AlieMalie said...

totally with you there. i always get a lump in my throat that i'm totally not expecting when i see a friend stop blogging. love reading your thoughts and tidbits, too. as long as you keep writing, we'll keep reading ... hopefully for a while, eh? :)

and having the archives to laugh and cry at one's self? priceless.

Thomas said...

If I can come up with a really catchy title, will you use it?

Joanna Wallace said...

I think that you spend all night posting on other people's blogs. I do like to hear from you!

As a side note, one of the guys that I used to work with printed off his wifes blog entries and had them professionally bound into a album for her Christmas present. I think that would be a great present after a few years of bloggin.... wink wink, nudge nudge, who can tell Ethan?

Scott said...

I can't quite imagine hitting delete either.. been going for too long.

Scott

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are going strong, Christielli. I won't purposely delete my blog, unless I'm running for president;)

I'm still mulling over converting to Beta Blogger.