Anyhow, I didn't really do the whole weekend rundown thing yet, so I will.
To the best of my recollection, I was exhausted on Friday, so I came home, did some cleaning, and went to bed early. Woo. My teenage self would be *mortified* at the idea that I would do such a thing.
Saturday was super Christmas shopping day! I'm pretty much done; except for a few little things that I'd like to get when I'm in St. Ratford (as opposed to lugging them home on the train.) I went to this really cool craft fair that I read about in the paper on Friday. I got a few little gifts, plus the super-cute hat (below) for myself. After the craft fair, I went to various other shopping locales and got some other random gifts. One of my favourite finds was some Giant Microbes. They're stuffed toys that resemble various microbes at 1000x magnification. I got them for a couple of colleagues in my department (a red blood cell and white blood cell) and couldn't resist getting a bookworm for myself.

Sunday was my 9th annual gift exchange extravanganza with my pals Becca T and Flora. We usually try to go to Swiss Chalet for a Festive Special. I got some really nice gifts from each of them. Plus, I was quite pleased with the stuff that I found for them. I got Becca T a Dwight Schrute bobblehead that I had to order from NBC. She was quite pleased.
Below is a picture of our little Christmas tree. Note the large ornament in the front. That was made and sent to me by Raina. See, Raina, it's on my tree!!! It was the first decoration on the sucka... I've gotten some other gifts and cards from bloggers too for Christmas. Yay for blogging! Thanks guys!

We also have lights on our balcony this year. Long story short - since both my parents are sick, they haven't decorated for Christmas. Anyhow, last weekend when I was home, I decided that I'd pick up a new string of lights at Canadian Tire, and put them up over the garage. However, I was deterred by the melting snow that kept dripping onto my face from the roof as I tried to carry out that plan. So, I decided to put them on a shrub outside our door instead. They looked really stupid there to me, so I got all frustrated and took them down. Anyhow, I ended up bringing them back to TO and putting them on our balcony where they actually look good. I hadn't seen them from the outside until tonight. I never walk on the side of the building where my apartment faces. I made a special trip tonight and they looked nice- although very very far away since we're 27 floors up.
Well, time for me to get my sleep so I can knock another day off my countdown.
3 comments:
I love the bio-bean babies. I have to work till Thursday, then I have until the first working day after New Years off from work. I am hoping that I can stay away from the border. The allure of casinos gets a bit strong this time of the year.
the eyes on the erythrocyte make me laugh.
those stuffed blood cells are way too cool.
thanks for letting me know about the coldplay lullabies cs - i didn't know about it before!! i am either going to have to drop some major hints for family or friends to buy it for me, or i'll be out during the boxing day sales!! maybe i'll get the radiohead one too...
Post a Comment