I had a very lazy Tuesday. I woke up early, had a grilled cheese sandwich for brunch (that's what I subsist on in the summer), and then spent the afternoon reading an entire book.
The book was "Without A Map" by Meredith Hall and it was good. It's the memoir of a woman who got pregnant when she was sixteen years old in 1965. She was sent away by her family, shunned by her community, and forced to give up her baby. Her book discussed how this affected her life. Anyway her mother is diagnosed with MS, and reading about her mother's illness made a bit of an emotional afternoon for me.
This evening, I got to see Neko Case play at Massey Hall and it was a great show. The opener, whose name I didn't catch but thanks to the internet I discovered it was Jason Lytle who used be in Grandaddy, whom I vaguely remember from the 90s. Anyway, he and his band were pretty enjoyable.
Neko was amazing! Even though I just saw her a couple months ago, it was completely work seeing her again. I loved every song, of course, but the ones that stood out for me were "Lady Pilot" and "Magpie to the Morning" because I am pretty sure she didn't play those last time. I also loved Neko's red shoes. And she noted that she was hoping she'd miss out on Toronto's garbage strike, but she thought it was pretty clean for a garbage strike. "Even your garbage strikes are nice!" she said.
I also splurged on a really cool Neko poster. When I get it framed and on my wall I'll post a picture.
Anyway, I'll end with a couple random points:
- Miss Ash posted about pet peeves and I just remembered one of mine: when companies make their shampoo and conditioner bottles very similar. I am pretty much incapacitated most mornings, and if they are difficult to tell apart it results in me wasting conditioner and getting grumpy and swearing in the shower.
- But swearing is good for you! Woot!
- Also, I'm getting a lot of hits on my blog from people who are searching "bachelorette ed green shorts". LOL
Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone!
9 comments:
Okay I could really use a grilled cheese sandwich right now. How can I get one? I think I will have one next week.
Isn't it crazy how people will find your blog? Today I got a "count chocula bruises" search....what the hell?
Good news about swearing!
I understand the shampoo and conditioner peeve. I too have experienced that issue. My solution was to use products from different brands. It's all the same stuff anyways.
Oooh, that book sounds good!
Cxx
mmm grilled cheese; ever made one with Gouda? delicious!
I need to get on seeing someone play Massey Hall; here's hoping for MG in the fall!
I didn't even know what conditioner was until a year ago.
I haven't had a grilled cheese in ages. You know what makes them super yummy....if you add some onions and tomatoes....go for it, it's delightful!
You have turned into this reading machine. I aspire to be consumed by books like you are. I'm on book 3 of my summer holidays - not bad but not on par with your rate.
Cool! I was a fan of Granddaddy back when wearing a trucker's cap was hip and not tragic.
I am now consumed by The Blue Planet. Just got my copy from Amazon. Chocolat can wait.
p.s. Do you know how to underline using Blogger?
Post a Comment