Thursday, September 03, 2009

And we shed what was left of our summer skin.

I have returned to the world of the working. I've been at school for the past three days in a row. And I get a paycheque tomorrow, which will pay off my France/UK eating, drinking, and shopping bill.

On Tuesday, I got my beginning of the year photocopying done, so I've got my security blankets. Hopefully that will be the end of my back-to-school nightmares. The past two days have involved meetings, and a bit of personal time. I've had lots of time to catch up with old colleagues, and meet some new ones. My goal for this year is to STAY POSITIVE. I am going to chant that mantra in my head, over, and over. If you detect any work-related negativity on this blog, please throw my mantra at me.

Of course, I have to keep that mantra in all areas of my life too. I'm still feeling good because of my upkeep of a healthy eating and lots of exercise routine. I am going to focus on keeping that up once school gets into full swing. My 30th birthday is about 5.5 months, and I want to be in awesome shape by then.

I am so thankful that it's a four-day weekend for me. Tomorrow, I'm going to pack my bags, and take the train to St. Ratford for a couple days. On my way to the train station, I'm going to drop by my friend Paola's, to catch her up on all of the gossip from the past couple days.

I'm really looking fwd to meeting up with a couple members of the Group of 9 for snobby St. Ratford drinks on Saturday night. Oh, and don't worry - a night of drinking won't throw off my healthiness. I've scheduled a yoga class for myself the following morning, so I'll sweat out the toxins the next day.

And then on Monday, I come back to Toronto, and on Tuesday the kids are back! I'm glad though; the kids are all right.

Hope everyone has a really nice long weekend!

4 comments:

wigsf said...

Welcome back to the real world.

rawbean said...

The transition must be so crazy! It will be great once you are back in the swing of things.

Good work on your healthy eating and exercise. I haven't bought lunch once this week - yay! Saving money.

Claire said...

STAY POSITIVE!

Here's to back to school and healthkicking, my friend!

Cxx

Aaron said...

Happy back to school, lets hope you/The Who are correct about those kids!