I've survived my first full day back. My voice feels tired from being used all day, and I'm pretty sure I've sweated off half my body weight because the AC isn't working, and the school is hot and stuffy. The kids are a bit cranky about it. Teenagers, learning, and sweltering heat are not a winning combination.
But, so far, so good. My brain is spinning from having to run at its old pace. Hence, I've been coming home and zoning to TV. Tonight was So You Think You Can Dance Canada's result show, and then I tuned into American's Next Top Model for the first time ever. If my brain was a little sharper, I could remember some of Tyra's deep words of wisdom that made laugh with their absurdity.
I'm still enjoying my new albums from Monday. Amy Millan's new album is relaxing, slow, and has a beautiful country twang to it. It will be a perfect soundtrack to lazy, chilly autumn nights. The new Two Hours Traffic is upbeat and catchy, and is good music for listening to as I get to and from work.
I've needed good subway music, because my first two days back have been fraught with lots of transit delays, and crazy people. Yesterday, I saw a crazy dude with a live lizard and a live turtle on the subway (I opted to take the next train). Today, some crazy lazy ran over my foot with her grocery cart. It hurt enough for me to yell "Ow!" very loudly. Usually, I'm all about loving the TTC, but this morning I actually thought maybe it's time to get a car. But then I'd experience traffic rage instead of transit rage. So either way I'll get pissed off from time-to-time; at least with transit I'll be richer, and more environmentally friendly.
Anyhow, I've gotta go wash some dishes, pack my lunch, and throw some gym stuff together so I can head there after work tomorrow. I've let myself be lazy and zone for two evenings. Gotta get tough on myself tomorrow.
My goal for tomorrow is to wake up early, and leave early, so I can get a pumpkin latte from Starbucks on my way to work. Transit delays pending, of course.
7 comments:
what's wrong with crazy lizard/turtle guy?
welcome back to full days.
I love that you typed "crazy lazy" that's an awesome term....almost an oxymoron!
I had something to say here, but my mind wondered when you wrote pumpkin latte.
Yuck, pumpkin!
I know you are tired and wiped cause I think that "lazy" was sopossed to be "lady" and you missed a "me" when typing about Tyra. It's ok with me not to be gramatically perfect but Sandee is going to love it!
Joanna
I know you are tired and wiped cause I think that "lazy" was sopossed to be "lady" and you missed a "me" when typing about Tyra. It's ok with me not to be gramatically perfect but Sandee is going to love it!
Joanna
Hehe maybe you should have opted out of the pumpkin latte...I'm just sayin!!
I'm jealous of your easy Starbucks access :) A Pumpkin latte sounds yummy! Are you still thinking of getting a bike?
Post a Comment