Wednesday, August 17, 2005

It's all Dracula's fault.

I think I am the procrastination queen. Especially in the summer. At least when school's on, I have deadlines and other things to keep me going.

I have had to a) clean my apartment and b) do laundry for a dog's age now. I swear, I've been putting these two tasks off for over a week now, because when it's summer vacation I can always say "Does is make any difference whether I do it today or tomorrow?" to myself and honestly answer no.

Luckily, my craziest friend from high school is coming to visit me tomorrow. She's cleaned up her act since then, so I decided I should clean my apartment in her honour.

But the procrastination hasn't ended there, I still haven't done the laundry. I've argued that it really makes the most sense to do that at 10:30 tonight, since I'll be guaranteed to get four washers at once.

I blame Dracula for all of this. I'm so addicted to the book "The Historian" that I mentioned before. I highly recommend it, even though I find I'm reading it at a slower pace that I usually manage. Which is okay, since if I read a book slowly, I feel I've gotten my money's worth out of it. The past couple of nights I've been staying up until about 4 am reading which means I'm not the quickest person in the am/early pm. Hmmm, perhaps my late nights indicate a natural inclination toward vampirism in myself?

Well, I've got three hours until I have to do my laundry, so it's back to the book for me!

2 comments:

m@ said...

Four washers!!?

Christielli said...

Yuppers! That's the beauty of living in a high rise apartment building - a huge laundry room with many, many washers so you can do lots of loads at once. One of the cons - waiting to take the elevator 27 floors down to get to the washers...