Anyhow, nothing's better than being stuck in a sweltering classroom with 20-odd teenagers on a beautiful Indian-summer-like day. I hope you all have your sarcasm detectors switched on.
But really, I do like my job. That period four class of mine are always good for a few laughs. Today one of the kids, who frequently gets detentions for being a little too chatty and disruptive during class, hung back after class. He had gotten pretty used to getting detentions and forgot that he didn't have one today. Actually, I think he's gone about four classes without getting one. Anyway, my assistant and I laughed at him staying back.
Also, I got a kid in trouble for not doing anything at all. We were discussing "useful" acids and one kid said "I can think of an acid that is useful" in a tone that made it sound like he was talking about something totally sketchy. I told him he was being inappropriate and he was like "I'm talking about paint thinner, Miss. What did you think I was talking about?" I admitted that I didn't know, it just sounded like he was talking about something bad. Yeah, I love it when I get kids in trouble for nothing. The other day I yelled at some kid for swearing and he was like "I just said something was shiny." I apologized and explained that when people are as ancient as I am, they tend to be a bit hard of hearing.
Random picture of my marking pens. I love these suckers.

Sadly, the manicure I got on Saturday is getting a bit chipped, so I think I'll remove it tonight.

I stole this cartoon from Raymi's blog awhile back. It kills me.

2 comments:
Oh my, TOO funny!!!! I am so stealing that cartoon :D Hahahaha. Your classes sound like a riot. Love the marking pens, every colour in the world. :D
Seriously, if all teachers marked papers with cool pens like you have, I might have seen my teachers at real people.
Now be honest, are you the coolest teacher?
Post a Comment