Sunday, October 23, 2005

If it feels good do it, even if you shouldn't, don't let people mess you around.

Here's the post I thought I lost, all safe and sound:

Last night I almost got my dear friend TB evicted, or at least got her in trouble with her landlord.

We had decided that we'd just spend a low-key evening hanging out in her neighbourhood. It was so gross and cold and rainy out, so really there wasn't much else to do but go out for coffee and then hang out at her place.

Anyway, I'd made a copy of my new Ben Lee CD for TB to help pressure her to come along to the Ben Lee concert with me. My diabolical plan totally worked; she's so coming along on Nov. 6th. I'm soooo excited.

We then decided to look online to see if there were any other good concerts coming up. We checked the "Just Announced" listings in Now magazine. As we were scrolling down we both saw the same thing:

Sarah Harmer and The Weakerthans acoustic performance as part of the OnStage Series, Glenn Gould Studio (250 Front West), $30.

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed really really loudly. Oooops. She lives right above her landlord, so screaming loudly at 10:30 pm probably wasn't a good idea but I could *not* help it. We had been bitching earlier about that the Weakerthans hadn't played Toronto since April, and it was getting time for them to show up here. Apparently, our prayers have been answered.

Or, they will be if I can get tickets. The box office opens on Monday at 11 am, which is totally convienent because that is when I have my prep period. So I'll call as soon at the clock hits 11 am. I read online that there are only 341 seats at this theatre; luckily, the details for this concert haven't been posted on either Sarah Harmer's or The Weakerthans' websites, so I think we'll have a good chance of getting them. Cross your fingers for me!

Anyhow, so I've got *hopefully* two concerts lined up for November which will make up for October which has so far been lamentably concert-free. There's also a Kathleen Edwards/Joel Plaskett show in November and I might try to pressure my roommate into going to that with me.

Since this post has turned totally into a concert post, I'll post some pictures from the Ben Folds concert I went to in August. (I just got them from TB whose friend had taken them at the concert. I, of course, neglected to bring my camera.) Anyway, we'll see if Blogger and my internet are both co-operative. My dumb connection keeps cutting out. Grr.

1 comment:

m@ said...

I'm very jealous about that concert!