Monday, October 24, 2005

*sob*

Well, I picked up the phone at 11 am sharp this morning to attempt to get the Sarah Harmer/Weakerthans tickets. After being on hold for 3 minutes, I found out that they are sold out. Why oh why would they have two of greatest acts around play in a measly 341-seat theatre?? I bet the only people who got tickets are people who know someone...

Anyhow, TB and myself have decided the only way to deal with this travesty is to deny the existence of the event. So, what concert? Huh? Nope, no such thing.

I did get my Ben Lee tickets today. So at leat I'm guaranteed one November concert and I know it'll be super fun.

Hmmm, not much other news. Tonight I plan to be slothful. Here's a picture of a sloth. I think they're nifty creatures.

5 comments:

m@ said...

oh my god :/ that's awful.
I wish they'd play here as often as they seem to play there!
Not that they're playing there anytime soon...

-jason- said...

i think most people have a love-hate thing with small venues.

i'm sorry about the... wait... what am i sorry about again? there is no concert!

look on the bright side. you're at least going to one more concert than i am for november =].

enjoy your slothy slothness!

Scott said...

Tried the same thing dude... no lucky myself either. Damn Glenn Gould!!

scott

Raina* said...

You mean you didn't get tickets to a show that isn't even playing there is the first place??
That would suck if there was a concert.

p.s. I actually did stop what I was doing to think of you on Monday at 10:58am. Next time, I'll send thoughts on time....and not two minutes early.

Unknown said...

I too think Sloths are neat creatures. My initial interest arose from the movie Ice Age, Syd is one of my fave characters :D Sorry to hear that your show isn't playing :(