Well, I wisely ignored my horoscope from Friday's Metro which said that I should get out of going to a party. On Friday, I went to a pal's bday party. Good times. This evening I went to dinner at FF's place in Whitby. Her OISE pals were there and her parents cooked 7 dishes. My faves were the stuffed peppers and the lotus rice.
While I was on my way to the GO train at Union Station, people running Bell Canada's Cityrun or some such nonsense almost ran me over. Why they were running throught the station is beyond me.
This column makes me laugh. I like poking fun at Stephen Harper. I think I'm going to print it out and send it to my dad.
Here's an article from the Toronto Star that seems to suggest we Torontonians have a tendancy to be sanctimonious and rude towards Americans. I bet his experiment would have had way different results if he'd said he was a Democrat...
Anyway... only five more days in Canada! I'm leaving for Down Under on Friday. I'm now officially starting the hardcore countdown!
Edit: That's the last time I'm calling Australia "Down Under". When reading over my post, I thought it sound gross and cliched and awful. Blech. Never again.
2 comments:
perhaps if the guy just dropped his southern accent, he wouldn't have gotten the same treatment? even when i meet someone who i can tell is from the south, i assume things about them ie. pro everything i'm against (i know i shouldn't and it's a bad habit). i don't think on my many visits to toronto, i've ever experienced rudeness... but then again, i think buffalo is pratically toronto and should be annexed into canada (as long as metro toronto keeps swallowing up its burbs we'll be part of it in a few years). i guess it's different when many corporate and government buildings in your city/region have both an american AND canadian flag flying. no matter, one day i will be a canadian.
other cool penguins... tux the linux penguin, that cartoon penguin opus by berkeley breathed, and chilly willy.
have fun in australia!
Making fun of Harper is a very fun passtime. Yay for his Stanfield stumble.
I'm jealous, I only need some 70,000 more points on my visa to fly to Australia.
Post a Comment