So last night's Christine Fellows/John K. Samson/Bry Webb from the Constantines concert was amazing! All three acts were excellent. Johnny K did not fail to disappoint TB and myself. Although, I'm pretty sure if he came out and sang Frere Jacques we'd be pretty happy. He sang a couple new songs, which is where I got my title from. Oh man, I really wish that my wishes did do dishes.
Christine Fellows was really good. Her band was great. She had the drummer from the Weakerthans and the bass player from the Weakerthans in the ensamble. Both TB and myself bought her new CD "Paper Anniversary", I've been listening to it all day. I think my fave songs are Souvenirs and Phantom Pains.
Today I had to run a few errands. I'm almost through my list of things I need to do before I leave on Friday. A trip to the mall tomorrow and a couple phone calls and I should be done (except packing).
Today I had to make a trip to the bank 'cuz my bank card stopped working. I was just thinking last week how it was probably coming up on my bank card's 10 year bday. I got it when I got my first job, which was at the end of June when I was 15. Anyway, yesterday it refused to work at the grocery store and at the bank machine. I'm just glad that it did that before my trip, since I'll prolly use it at least once to get cash in Australia.
Arghhhhhhhhhh! It's sooooooo hot! I'm actually glad that I'm going off to a country where it's their winter time. However, I think it'll be in the teens or twenties everywhere where I'm going. I'm so not a heat person.
1 comment:
ugh, we got that hot weather last week, but you guys are getting it worse. At least there's no smog here. And oddly enough, according to CBC's Manitoba site, the high for tonight is 12, and the low is 17. That's right.
Post a Comment