Saturday, May 18, 2013

#BEDM - Best Friends

This is going to be a quick post, because I gotta catch a train this morning!

I'm really lucky in life because I have many awesome friends from different places.

I have a great circle of friends on work, on whom I can rely on for anything, whether it be for professional or personal reasons.  One thing I notice about my circle of friends at work: we are all passionate educators, who are in the profession for the "right reasons" (to quote the Bachelor/Bachelorette, ha-ha).  It goes to show you how people with similar energies attract each other.  Anyway, they are awesome and I am thankful for them.

I spend a lot of time from my friends from university days.  Even though some of them have moved away (like my BFF Becca T) we still get to see each other and keep in touch.  I find that sometimes I don't get to see people as much as I'd like to (damned adulthood) but I'm thankful for birthdays and other occasions that bring us together.  I'm lucky to have my friend Mathew from my university days as a close friend too.  He's the type of guy who will drop by my house to talk to me when I need a friend even if he's hit his head at a volleyball game and might have a concussion.

Likewise, I love my friends from high school.  I still travel, run, and hang out with many of these women.  I always think that high school me would be absolutely shocked that my buddies and I are running 10K races in our 30s.  (I couldn't run 0.5 km in high school.)  This weekend I'm heading home to Stratford, so I'm looking forward to seeing some for dinner/drinks.

I love my friends from blogging too.  I had a great summer last year getting to visit with lots of them, and would love if I could win the lottery and travel about visiting people when I need it.  That'll be the dream.

Also, I have to say that my mom is an awesome friend these days.  Long story short: I've always had a good relationship with my mom, but there were areas of my life that I didn't share with her.  I was closed and very selective.  However, in the past year or so, I've been more open with her and it's been awesome. 

This long weekend is going to be friend-filled.  Last night I had a monthly date with my pal Elaine (we joke that we're once a month friends... which is significant actually) and my work spouse (BFF from work) called me 'cuz she needed to get out of the house.  I invited her to come out with my pal Elaine and I, and Elaine brought a friend, so it was fun.  Tonight I'm seeing my friend Vern, and tomorrow night I have drinks with various Go9 people.  Mathew and I are going to try to catch the Jays' game on Monday.

So yes, I'm super blessed with many best friends.  :)

1 comment:

Claire said...

You're such a great friend, sweetie.