Thursday, May 02, 2013

#BEDM: Spring is Here!

Spring is here.  I think that at the beginning of April, when southwestern Ontario was still getting pelted with ice storms, many of us (including me) feared that it would never come.  Well, after a lovely sunny 20 degree plus day, I can assure you that we've made it, and spring is indeed here.

My favourite thing about spring is the longer days with more sunshine.  And flowers.  The picture above is of some daffodils in front of my school.  My environmental club planted them in the fall and it's nice to see that they've finally come up.  Anyway, I love all of the light and colour that comes with spring.

I have a busy month of May planned.  This weekend will be all about spring cleaning and spring marking.  I have a pile of stuff to mark that is overwhelming.  I gotta get through it.

Next weekend is my 10K run.  I'm crossing my fingers for nice weather.  My friends Jolene and Heather are visiting me to run the race, and I think we'll have a fun time hanging out the night before the race.  I'm really looking forward to that weekend.

The following weekend is the long weekend, and I plan to head to Stratford for a belated Mother's Day/my mom's birthday celebration.  They fall within days of each other.  It'll be nice to see the 'rents, but I'm also hoping to catch up with some friends.

For the last weekend in May, I'm going on a camping trip with my Kenya group.  It's at a farm, and they are going to make us do some work, sort of to prepare us for the school-building experience in Kenya.  I'm hoping for good weather that weekend too.

And after that, it will be June and it will be almost summer.  I guess that's my favourite thing about spring: it means summer vacation is coming soon!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The weather has been a bit sketchy here (in Minnesota) this spring as well. I hope you have lovely weather for your run!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I hope the weather gets super nice so you can enjoy your new dress purchase :)

Good luck with your 10K! I love how #bedm brings together bloggers from so many different places :)...looking forward to the rest of #bedm posts!

Miss Ash said...

I actually stop and smell flowers when I see them, just like the saying haha! This elderly woman had this huge rose garden and she caught me sniffing away! I told her it was amazing!

I'm very excited for your Kenya trip! Not only will you be helping people but it will be such a great experience!

wigsf3 said...

I hate Spring. Too many young people outside milling about. Too many insects. Too many people with ugly ugly faces getting my way. Boo Spring boo!

Unknown said...

The Kenya trip is really coming with the camping and preparation stepping up. It is so cool that you are going! x