Wednesday, May 22, 2013

#BEDM - A letter to 13 year old me

Dear Young Christielli,

Be confident.  You can do way more than you think you can.  Take on challenges.  Never hold back.  Don't be ashamed that you are super smart. 

Love,
You in 20 years

***

In other news, I have some SUPER nerdy news to share with you.  It's no secret that I'm a nerd, who came from a family of nerds.  Naturally, Jeopardy! was watched in my household every weeknight.  My parents still watch religiously.  I'm careful not to phone them between 7:30 pm and 8:00 pm.

Back in November, I think it was, my parents told me that Jeopardy! was holding an online test for people who could potentially make auditions in Toronto.  More to make them happy than anything, I signed up to do the test, and was online at my appointed time.  The test consisted of fifty questions (not in Jeopardy! format) and I got 30 seconds to respond to each one.  There were lots that I knew I got right, a few I made good guesses on, some I made ridiculous guesses on, and some I drew blanks on.  I figured that maybe I got between 35-40 right.  Anyway, it was fun taking the test and I completely forgot that I'd even taken it...

Until this evening.  I got an email from the show saying that I'd passed the test and was granted an exclusive audition in Toronto in July!  Oh my goodness!  I feel smart that I made it to step 2!  I'm totally going to do the audition.  I'll have no expectations, other than it'll be interesting to audition for a TV show.
Anyway, that news kind of made my day.  :)  13 year old me would be proud/mortified that I'd go on TV showing my nerdiness.  33 year old me is stoked.

4 comments:

wigsf3 said...

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen.

Jabba said...

HA!! YEAH!!! That's awesome!!! I can't wait for the follow up on this one!

Unknown said...

Excellent! This is SO cool!

Miss Ash said...

Omg I'm soooo excited for you!!!