1) My Mom: I think I've shared this before, but my mom has multiple sclerosis. She inspires me because despite the fact that she's had this awful chronic illness for 33 years, she always has a positive outlook, and doesn't get down on life. I need to keep this mind when I get all emo about my silly problems. I wish I could be half as optimistic as my mom.
2) My colleague-friends: I'm lucky that I have a close circle of friends at work who are amazing teachers. We joke about starting a super school together. Anyway, it's truly inspiring to work with such a committed group of educators who are "here for the right reasons" to borrow a quote from the Bachelor/Bachelorette.
3) My students: Today was student council election day, and, as always, I am inspired by students who are brave enough to go up in front of their peers and run for student government. It's not only student council kids who inspire me. I'm inspired by so many of my students for other reasons. Those who persevere despite enormous challenge, and those who are kind and giving.
1 comment:
I get inspired by the students here all the freaking time - they are amazing. I think it is so great to hear that from a teacher! :)
Post a Comment