Today's post is about food. I'm going to write about some favourite meals of late.
1) Favourite recipe: Chipotle-Glazed Roast Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
About a month ago, I had bought some chicken breasts on sale and had some sweet potatoes lying around. I had to figure out something to do with the chicken before it went bad, so I googled recipes using chicken and sweet potatoes and came across this.
Glad I did because it's really yummy and fits my diet! It's so good. I'm not sure if I'm using the chilis that are called for by the recipe... I just found minced chipotle chilis in a jar in the produce aisle and they work perfectly.
The rub that you make for this recipe is so yummy. I often increase the ingredients by 50% so there's a little bit more sauce.
When I first tried this out, I was so excited with the results that I texted my friend Fea to tell her that I was bringing her some for lunch. However, half an hour later she got a text saying that I dropped hers on the floor. :/
I made it again though, so she got to try some! Then, I made it a third time to bring some leftovers in for my pals the Alans.
2) Pre-Race Meal
On Saturday, my friend Heather and I went to an Italian restaurant (La Vecchia) in my neighbourhood for a carbalicious meal. It had yummy bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (is there anything better?). I had a pasta dish with a tomato-cream sauce, feta, and chicken. It was so good. For dessert, I got the creme brulee, and my friend Heather got the tiramisu. We shared. This was honestly the best tiramisu I've ever had. I also had some dessert wine. I'm loving dessert wine these days.
3) Post-Race Meal
For our post-race meal, I took my pal to what's becoming my favourite neighbourhood pub: The Granite Brewery. The brew their own beers, and I really like their Ringberry Ale, which is slightly fruity. It's becoming something I crave. I had a cheeseburger with sweet potato fries. They have really great sweet potato fries. The cheeseburger was a little bit over done, but after running 10K in the cold, one doesn't care too much about these things.
Of course, now I'm back to my diet and eating lots of fruits, veggies, eggs, etc etc. Oh, I cannot wait for my next cheat meal! :D

2 comments:
Good post. Coulda used more talk of donuts though.
I love sweet potato with chipotle - we have it with feta and other raosted vegetables!
Post a Comment