I love more than five blogs.
I love more than five dead/rarely updated. I miss the blogs written by my pals rawbean, mattinwpg, Katie, AlieMalie, Jason @ imaginationland, and Wes (aka quietgalapagos). Also, Miss Ash, The Grunt, Aaron @ The Void, and eatmorechocolat are awesome bloggers whose blogs I love but don't update as much as they used to. All of these great people are now my friends outside of blogging, via various forms of social media or actual real-life meetings, so those friendships are still alive and well, but I do miss their writing.
To narrow it down to five, here are five regularly updated blogs that I adore. Also, I'm excited because I think the #BEDM challenge will allow me to connect with more bloggers too. Yay!
1) Claire - I'll start with Claire since I connected to the Blog Every Day in May challenge through her blog. Claire has become a dear friend of mine, and although we've only met each other three times (but each time for a few days), I feel like we've been friends forever and have spent more time together than that. Claire is kind, warm, thoughtful, and funny and her blog is the same. Read it!
2) Jabba - Jabba is my kindred spirit in Victoria, BC. We have cats that could be siblings they look alike. We both love books and crafting (although Jabba crafts more than I do). I've had the pleasure of meeting Jabba twice in real life (both times last year) and just like with Claire, I feel a close friendship with her. Her blog is creative, and I love when she includes cartoons that she's drawn. Read it!
3) Siobhan Claude Van-Damme - I met Siobhan in real life BEFORE I read her blog. She's friends with Claire, and I think I've been able to catch up with her each time I visited Claire. She's a music-phile like me, and I love her Music Mondays posts. She's also super styling, and I usually drool over her fashion posts, but cannot buy the stuff she posts about since it's all UK fashion. I definitely need to make another trip to London, for socializing AND for shopping! Read it!
4) Jocelyn - Jocelyn lives in Chicago and I love her posts about the city. She gave me some great restaurant/coffee shop when I visited Chicago last summer, but sadly she wasn't in town so we couldn't hang out. She's an avid crafter, and I love her posts about knitting. Also, she takes some of the most beautiful photography out there. Read it!
5) wigsf - There are many things that wigsf and I disagree about: the CBC, cars, climate change, the fact that there has been good music released in the past twenty years, and lots about the city of Toronto. However, we still have some common ground when it comes to the Simpsons, love of travel, and food. His food posts are great, and his posts about his father Carmine are hilarious. And, even though we don't agree on a lot, we're still blog pals. Read it!
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm so glad that I started blogging because I've made a lot of great friends through this medium. Really great friends who are always there for me through text, Twitter, email, or a phonecall. It's awesome that I've been able to meet so many great people from afar through blogging. Yay blogging!
5 comments:
Aw, thank honey. Yay blogging indeed!
I'm touched. Thank you.
Awh, yes I'm touched too. If I did this yours would be my top blog!
I love the shout out to Claire! Her blog always puts a smile on my face, she's so positive and lovely and makes me smile!!
As for me I am a total slacker LOL!!
Aw - thanks Christy! xx
Post a Comment