Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Worst Day

Today I took Rilo to the vet because there has been some changes to her over the past week. She's been very lethargic, not eating much, and anti-social. She seemed a bit more active today so I was optimistic that she was getting over a "bug".

It turns out that she has a tumour, and it's terminal. 

I'm shattered. The loss of your pet is a deal you agree to when you sign up as a pet owner. However, it feels like it's so far down the road that you don't worry.

I thought we'd still have lots of time together. I adopted her almost nine years ago, and it was estimated she was between three and five years old. That actually puts her at the average age for the illness she has.

I'll find out more tomorrow, but it looks like she'll be on pain meds to help for the rest of her life.

I'm in a lot of shock and extremely sad. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter caf. I'll miss her so much.

1 comment:

jason said...

I'm sorry to hear about Rilo. I still recall reading on this here blog, when you brought her back to your place. I'm glad you've been able to have great times together.